Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Little Things Entertain Me

I'm posting this from 35,000 feet! No, I haven't figured out how to blog on the back of a pterodactyl (although that would be awesome!), but I am in the air. I'm on my way to Tampa for the Leadership Educators Institute and the flight has free wi-fi for the holiday season! Merry Christmas to me and thanks AirTran!

Seriously, there is something incredibly magical about what I'm doing right now. I just got off of Facebook chat with one of my RAs who is planted firmly on the ground in LA and I'm flying somewhere over Colorado. That is incredible! Times like this make me grateful for scientists, mathematicians (looking at you Elyse!) and engineers who can make something like this possible because goodness knows something like this is not in my skill set!

Also, I'm 95% sure Wesley Snipes is in the row right in front of me talking with a producer about starring in an upcoming biopic of Miles Davis. Is it bad that first question that popped into my head was "What was your favorite outfit while you were 'Noxeema' in 'To Wong Food, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar'?" Seriously. He probably would have punched me.

Finally, there is a woman who was breastfeeding her baby in the row next to me. While I'd rather not see a stranger's stuff all out in the open, I'm a big proponent for breast-feeding in public (fight the man!) so that wasn't a big issue. However, I DO have a problem when she ordered and subsequently downed two rum and Cokes! While the kid was still breastfeeding!!! WTF?

I guess flights truly are a cross-section of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment