I also just realized that HALF of my posts on this blog were from November. Again, hooray for me! I must say that it took awhile to get used to blogging. Way back when I really thought that blogging was a little pretentious and really self-indulgent. However, the more I got into it, the more helpful I realized this medium could be. You can share your thoughts with a select group of people, delve deeper than you normally would during your day-to-day conversations and most of all, it is really cool to look back and see where you were and what you where thinking. In the crazy whirlwind of life you rarely have those moments. I'm a big proponent of documenting snapshots of time (please see my 139 photo albums on Facebook, my 167 videos and 13,000+ pictures in my iPhoto albums if you have any doubts to my love of documenting things!) so this blog has been just that. Snapshots of time. For better or for worse, this thing has captured moments.
Highlights of November that I would have forgotten about if not for this blog:
- Voting! I totally forgot about voting and how cool it is!
- The absolute insanity leading up to Central RAP. I'm still reveling in our win, but I really would have forgotten about what it took to get there.
- I got my haircut with a new hairdresser (Rebecca) and she was fabulous! I'll have to go back to her!
- My "perfect day" of an incredible CLC, RHA meeting, interview with the Loyolan and then sleeping out with Magis for Homeless Awareness Week.
- The absolute silence and stillness that waking up outside will afford you.
- Valerie, the bathroom attendant at the Charlotte airport that put things into perspective for me.
- My epic eight hour couch nap.
- Discerning what service means to me and what that will look like after the RD job.
I guess this means that the blog will continue so if you are reading this and realize that I haven't posted anything in awhile, send me an e-mail, text, Facebook message, smoke signal, or carrier pigeon to keep me accountable!
No comments:
Post a Comment