Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Central RAP It Up

I'm leading a delegation of 17 RAs to a leadership conference this weekend called Central RAP. I'm working in conjunction with another RA who is going into the field of Student Affairs and this serves as his internship. God bless him, but he has a ton on his plate with being an RA, applying for grad programs, studying for the GRE and he's the President of a major campus service org. Details also aren't his strongest point to start with either which means I've been walking a really fine line of advising vs. making sure things get done. I could process this forever (and I just might), but let's just say that it has been waaaay more work than I thought it would be when I got the assignment.

However, dear readers, don't be dismayed by my attitude. It's just that I decided to do all of the shopping today and went to Michael's, Food 4 Less, Party City, Staples, Home Depot, and Ralph's all in one day. I got a brief break to teach my Leadership class (which was awesome by the way...more on that later) and then was back at it.

I just made 17 snack bags which are now surrounding me on my coffee table, couch and floor and while I am the definition of exhausted, I'm also super excited. Central RAP delegations from LMU in the past have been lackluster at best and completely overwhelmed by the other delegations at worst. We really made a conscious effort to have a good showing this year which meant weekly meetings for a month, an intricately choreographed dance routine for a video project and apparently a banner so amazing it will make me cry (one of the RA's words, not my own).

In conclusion (like many things associated with my job) I am exhausted, but excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment