Now that I have given myself permission of sorts to post every day I have all of these topics in mind. There's a part of me that wants to write about all of them right now, but then there's another part that feels like I should "save" them and write about them on a slow day. However, knowing how my brain works I'll probably come up with even more topics. So here's my list that perhaps I will come back to at some point this month:
-The amount of love I have for shows such as House Hunters: International and Food Challenge: Extreme Cakes. Days. I could watch them for days.
-If I would write a novel, what would it be about and what happened last week when I found a manuscript that I started when I was a sophomore in high school. It was in the genre of a romantic mystery...oh God bless 14-year-old Marci.
-Continuing the theme of my other blogs about my spiritual growth and specifically what it feels like to lead a CLC group while grappling with my own development.
-What the hell I'm going to do next year.
-Dissecting the meaning of my dreams lately. I've cut out caffeine so I've been sleeping a lot more deeply and been dreaming (or at least remembering my dreams) a lot more recently and I have had some doozies!
-The endlessly entertaining hijinks of my staff and how blessed I am to supervise them.
With the being said, I decided to poke around the NaBloPoMo website a little bit and discovered that they have daily prompts in case you actually don't have something to chat about. I was scrolling through and found that the very first question for November is:
How would your life change if you didn't have rent or a mortgage to pay, i.e., if your housing was free?
And then I just had to giggle since I have never (and I mean never) paid rent. My parents paid for housing my first-year at Witt, then I was an RA for the next three years. I either spent the summer at home or worked at Witt with summer conferences. Then I was whisked away to BG, more free housing, an ACUHO-I summer housing internship, then straight to LMU with more free housing. So I can can confidently say that my life would never change due to this, but it will change drastically when I am slapped in the face with rent, utilities, food, etc whenever it is that I decide to move off-campus. More on that later...
You should add to your list of things to post about how awesome our Skype date was!
ReplyDelete(And then we should have one.)