Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Couch Naps

I am so incredibly grateful for couch naps. You know that sweet oblivion that seems to come over you when you grab a blanket, turn on the TV to something that you will feel no guilt about dozing off to and just zone out for a few hours.

That happened to me yesterday except instead of napping for a few hours, I fell asleep for eight, yes EIGHT hours. As my RAs said I didn't take a nap, I went to sleep for an entire day and it just happened to be on my couch. It was glorious.

I got this state of exhaustion after traveling for twelve straight hours on about two hours of sleep. As someone who likes (and needs!) her sleep more than most people, this was a recipe for disaster. So when I got back from LAX at noon, I unpacked a little and then slept from 1pm-9pm. I woke up, had a snack, watched Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, then went back to bed (my real bed, not my couch) and slept straight through the night from 1am-9am.

It.was.blissful. And I don't regret a second of it. Viva la nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment